Liquid calcium supplement for addition to live foods.
A liquid calcium supplement for reptiles with added vitamin D3 for addition into drinking water or onto livefoods. It has the stamp of approval under the Small Animal Exemption Scheme.
Our calcium supplement Calcivet (CalciBoost in America) stops the most common deficiency in reptiles, calcium deficiency. Despite the tonnes of cuttlefish bone fed every year, calcium deficiency is still the biggest problem in reptile keeping!
A shortage of usable calcium lies at the root of many problems, including:
- laying/giving birth
- Weakness in the females that cannot lay or give birth
- broken bones in the young
- shedding slowly
- co-ordination problems which may go as far as falling over
- respiratory problems
Most of the cuttlefish or calcium blocks which are supplied to try to raise calcium levels when eaten by the reptile goes straight out in the droppings. As with other minerals the difficulty is absorbing it into the bloodstream. So CROCdoc developed a super-saturated chelated calcium solution called Calcivet liquid. Calcivet (CalciBoost in America) uses a chelated mineral technology similar to the calcium supplied in nature by plants. So it is easily absorbed and quickly gets to the bones, nerves and muscles where it is needed. It is such an effective calcium source that most of the year you will only need it once or twice a week.
- Calcivet® brings amazing results
- Calcivet® is highly concentrated and works when some other supplements don't.
- Use as directed for best results
- Cuttle fish and grit won't solve the problems!
- Calcivet® gives high value for money with more calcium for your pound.
Key features: Ideal for breeding and growing reptiles. Calcium is involved in brain and nerve function and can improve behavioural problems.
- CROCdoc Calcivet application:
- Add 1-2mls over live food for every 1kg of reptile body weight.
- Active ingredients:
- Contains calcium (Ca++ 33g/l), Magnesium (2g/l) Vitamin D3 (25,000 ius/l).